My Winter 2017 Watchlist

February 09, 2017

I'm back for another post! As you can probably see, I've changed my layout. Because of that, I'm not yet finished customizing my menus so that'll probably be fixed ASAP!

A new season has begun and therefore, more new anime to start watching. My initial plan is to finish up all of the shows that I'm still currently watching in order to be much more organized (which I, actually, was able to do) and now my watchlist of ALMOST cleared to add up new animes.

I'm sorry because this post is delayed since we're already mid-way through the Winter 2017 season so I'm gonna make up for that by adding interesting stuff to this post. Not only will this post showcase watchlist, it also contain my first impression review! Hurray! Without any further ado, let us start with my Winter 2017 watchlist!

First up on the list, we have....

"Masamune-kun no Revenge"

"As a child, Masamune Makabe once suffered greatly at the hands of a wealthy and beautiful girl named Aki Adagaki, who nicknamed him "Piggy" due to his chubby appearance. Seeking revenge against his tormentor, Masamune works hard to improve himself and returns as an incredibly handsome, albeit narcissistic, high school student. When he encounters Aki once again, he is prepared to exact vengeance. With the aid of the rich girl's maid, Yoshino Koiwai, Masamune slowly begins to build his relationship with Aki, intending to break her heart when the time is right. However, as his friendship with Aki begins to grow, Masamune starts to question the objectives of his devious plans, and if bringing them to fruition is what his heart truly desires."

The first episode really set up my expectations pretty high because the "revenge" aspect of the show sparked interest in me and made me thought: "How is this gonna unfold?" but as I watched the succeeding episodes, I feel that it's not going to go the way I expected it to happen and made me feel that it'll fall into "another one of those cliche romance" stories. I'm losing hope. OP is average, ED is brilliant. Rating: 7/10

Youjo Senki (Saga of Tanya the Evil)

"On the front lines of the war, there is a little girl. Blond hair, blue eyes, and porcelain white skin, she commands her squad with lisping voice. Her name is Tanya Degurechaff. But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl after angering a mysterious being who calls himself God. This little girl, who prioritizes efficiency and her own career over anything else, will become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army."

Heard the OP before watching this one out so let me just say this first and that is, the OP theme is so good! The show's first few episodes were really interesting, I must say. Tanya's character and personality, itself, will really make me you want to find out more about her. Overall, this show gave me a really good impression. Gonna look forward to the next episodes! I haven't heard the ED theme yet (but I've been hearing lots of good things about it). Rating: 8/10

"Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish)"

"To the outside world, Hanabi Yasuraoka and Mugi Awaya are the perfect couple. But in reality, they just share the same secret pain: they are both in love with other people they cannot be with. Hanabi has loved her childhood friend and neighbor Narumi Kanai for as long as she can remember, so she is elated to discover that he is her new homeroom teacher. However, Narumi is soon noticed by the music teacher, Akane Minagawa, and a relationship begins to blossom between them, much to Hanabi's dismay. Mugi was tutored by Akane in middle school, and has been in love with her since then. Through a chance meeting in the hallway, he encounters Hanabi. As these two lonely souls spend more time together, they decide to use each other as a substitute for the one they truly love, sharing physical intimacy with one another in order to stave off their loneliness."

Really interesting premise, has a fresh concept and is excellent in showing a mature outlook on love, romance and relationships. The first few episodes will blow your mind away, if not the first episode itself, may it be because of it's massive "love tree", it's explicit graphics (yep, some manga readers were saying that they were happy that "those scenes" weren't tone down from the source material). OP is brilliant, ED is outstanding. Rating: 9/10

"Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Interviews with Monster Girls)"  


"The story takes place in an age where "Ajin" (demi-human), more casually known as "Demi," have slowly started to become accepted into human society. Tetsuo Takahashi is a biology teacher who ends up teaching three such Demi, hoping to understand more about them while also managing to catch their attention."

A simple anime that is a lighthearted one. This is easily one of my candidates for my most favorite anime of this season. The pace and how the story goes by is as smooth as a sailboat sailing on a calm sea under a clear weather. It's a treat! Go ahead and try it! OP is slightly above average, ED is so brilliant gaah (I love Sangatsu no Phantasia)! Rating: 8.5/10

"Spiritpact (Ling Qi)"

"Heir of an old famous family of exorcists, Keika You is stricken by poverty after losing his parents. He struggles as a street fortune teller and computer recovery part timer to earn money. One night in a junkyard, he meets the mysterious yet charismatic exorcist, Ki Tanmoku, fighting an evil spirit. This encounter is the beginning of a fated story for Keika You. Unfortunately for him, he was actually hit by a car and became a ghost. That was when the handsome exorcist Ki appeared and asked Keika to make a “pact” with him to fight evil spirits together. Here starts the friendship of our heroes!"

The first episode gave me a bad impression. The animation was a bit weird and off and that also includes the effects placed around the villains and the characters were also uninteresting. Even so, I told myself that I'd never drop this one because I wanna stick with it to see the BL. The story pacing is pretty slow but they didn't disappoint me with the BL. I got used to the animation and now I can see it as just average. The characters grow, I guess, little by little. And overall it has become a pretty bearable show for me to watch. I not only enjoyed the BL scenes but I also liked the cute & comedic moments done by the characters (though some are applied in the wrong timing which can probably annoy some people). Bottomline, I enjoy it and I can, personally, see this show growing slowly, yes, but surely! OP is spectacular, ED is below average. Rating 7/10
P.S: I read this blog post in someone's blog a few weeks back that said that even though Spiritpact's first episode is bad, Spiritpact is actually a good show. That blog post also made me feel like sticking with it.

"Little Witch Academia"

"Atsuko Kagari is an ordinary girl who joins the renowned witch academy for witch girls, Luna Nova Academy. When she was younger, she went to Magical Festa, a magic show hosted by a witch named Shiny Chariot. Atsuko was so mesmerized and inspired by Shiny Chariot's performance that she dreamed to someday be a "cool" witch like her. This young and impressionable Atsuko takes Shiny Chariot's words as her own motto: "Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.“ As part of a class, Atsuko and her classmates go into a labyrinth under the Tower of Luna Nova. There, a sealed ancient dragon was unleashed by one of her classmates. Atsuko tries to stop the dragon, but…"

One of the shows that I was most hyped about! It's by Studio Trigger and if you don't know, I love Trigger! Anyways, let's just say that they are doing a brilliant job with this show so far. Everything's episodic, there's not really much of an underlying plot going on. The whole story is really easy to digest. This show makes me feel good. The characters are really interesting and unique - all of them has their own quirks. I can't wait to see more episodes. Go check it out! OP & ED is really beautiful! Rating: 9.5/10.
Now, those are the shows that I'm currently watching. But I actually have a few more that I'm planning to watch! These are:


1. Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

2. Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season

3. ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

4. Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari

5. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen

6. Super Lovers 2 


My watchlist is basically all of these but, they're not LIMITED. I may, or may not, add a show here and there when I feel like it.

Anyways, that's all for now. Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys on my next post.

What are you guys watching for this season?



*ALL ANIME SYNOPSIS WERE TAKEN FROM THEIR MYANIMELIST ENTRY*



Authors Note:

1. I'm finally done with this post. Yay!

2. My next priority are my top theme songs.

3. I'm thinking of creating a wordpress version of this blog sometime soon. It's not yet final though because I know that I already have a lot too handle!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Greetings, I am Jefferson and welcome to my anime blog. This anime blog is where I'll be housing all of my reviews and recommendations for anime shows.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *