Summer 2016 Anime: First Impressions

July 16, 2016

It's been a long time since I last wrote something, I was too busy with school, catching up with shows as well as creating my costume for my cosplay. I'll try my best to post a lot within this coming weekend so I hope you all would look forward to that!

This post will be dedicated to my first impressions on some of the summer 2016 shows I've watched. I'll be giving out my thoughts and I'll try my best to not give out spoilers as I go type it up.

Remember that these first impressions' scope are only focused on my thoughts on the first episode of the shows I'll be mentioning here. It might not be my whole thoughts on the whole show itself after all, this is just a "first impressions" post.


First we have, my most anticipated show this season...


1. Orange



Orange was absolutely brilliant with it's first episode, they've added a few original stuff that weren't in the manga but it didn't really stray that much (it was just a tiny bit too so it didn't really matter). The OST for it was amazing! I loved how it sounded well together with the whole vibe the show gives me. The colors of the show was so vibrant and it really gave the manga even more "life". At the start, I was so nervous watching it because I got thoughts lingering in my head such as "Will this give me the same feels the manga gave me?" and yes, they did! From start to finish of the 1st episode, I got goosebumps! That is probably because I've completed the manga so if you haven't read it yet. I'm sure this show's going to get good as it goes on!


2. Tales of Zestiria the X



This is one of the shows that I planned on watching because I found the synopsis quite interesting. When I found out that Flow is singing this show's ending theme, it got me so hyped even more. The first episode was great! The CGI looked good! It's a pretty solid first episode to me! I can't wait to watch episode 2


3. 91 Days



This was just so dark. I really felt the Joker Game vibes but I can also feel that this one's going to be a bit better! The first episode was good. The last scene though, was that a cliffhanger of some big revelation? I can't wait to find out!! Hopefully it will grab me more as episodes go by.


4. Fukigen na Mononokean



This is a summer anime that I'm only planning on watching after I read a manga chapter. I haven't read the 2nd chapter, yet, so I won't let myself play the 2nd episode. I don't know why I'm doing it that way but who knows? and who cares? LOL. Anyways, I loved the first episode, I felt sad at the end though when the cute little furball had to leave. 


5. Saiki Kusuo to Psi Nan



This series has been so ridiculously funny in a good way! The main character looked like he was Sakamoto with telekinetic powers! I have to watch more!


6. Amaama to Inazuma



I thought this anime was going to be one of those short ones with only 3-5 mins per episode but it didn't - it had a full 23/24 min duration for it's episode. The first episode was so heart-touching! I loved it so much. I actually teared up at the end. I can definitely feel this being my "Shounen Maid" for this season! I really recommend this one.


7. Hatsukoi Monster



Hatsukoi Monster is also enjoyable. Doesn't have much of a big plot going on but it's still a really solid one. The graphics I must say felt a bit throwback-ish to me the first I watched but it wasn't really much bothersome as I went on. My favorite character is Kota Shinohara at the moment!


8. Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu



This show is also really funny! I can relate so much to the characters. It doesn't really have much of a plot but it's also a really worthwhile show to watch at least for me. It's enjoyable overall!


My Top Picks So Far.. (1 = highest)

5. Tales of Zestiria the X
4. 91 Days
3. Fukigen na Mononokean
2. Amaama to Inazuma
1. Orange


Other summer shows I'll try to get into..

1. ReLIFE
2. Rewrite
3. Servamp
4. Taboo Tattoo


P.S This was just a quick post. Will edit this one with pictures ASAP!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Greetings, I am Jefferson and welcome to my anime blog. This anime blog is where I'll be housing all of my reviews and recommendations for anime shows.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *