My Summer 2016 Watchlist

July 01, 2016

Let's welcome the new anime season with eager and joy! A new season basically means more new animes to watch! Spring 2016 has officially ended and I can't wait for what's install this season when it comes to the animes that I will be watching. I have few shows that I'm already sure of watching but there are others that I am also willing to try and get into.

Now, let's kick off the summer season with:



Take note: Those shows with the green asterisk * are shows that I am sure of watching while on the other hand, shows that I'm willing to try are labeled with the orange * asterisk
First on the list is:

1. Orange*


One of my most anticipated anime series for this season is Orange! I've finished reading the last chapter (and recorded an un-posted live reaction video for it) last year around the same time the manga ended as well. I'm so happy and so hyped that it's finally getting an anime adaptation airing this season. I'm hoping that it'll bring the feels just like how the manga gave me last year. I'm planning on writing a single post for this sometime around this season so I hope you'll stay tuned for that!

The promotional poster
 Synopsis:
One day, Naho Takamiya receives a letter written to herself from ten years in the future. As Naho reads on, the letter recites the exact events of the day, including the transfer of a new student into her class named Kakeru Naruse.

The Naho from ten years later repeatedly states that she has many regrets, and she wants to fix these by making sure the Naho from the past can make the right decisions—especially regarding Kakeru. What's more shocking is that she discovers that ten years later, Kakeru will no longer be with them. Future Naho asks her to watch over him closely. (Source: MyAnimeList)

Orange Promotional Video

2. Fukigen na Mononokean*


I've always wanted to watch this one ever since I saw the trailer of this on the "Suggested Videos" side of Youtube. What I didn't know is this was actually a show for Summer 2016! I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was because in the beginning, I thought this was only going to be a movie or a series released sometime in the future beyond summer 2016! Another thing I liked about this is the fact that the two main boy characters are actually voiced by Haru Kaidou from Super Lovers and Agata Katsuhira from Kiznaiver... both of which are from the spring 2016 anime shows I've watched. So now I'm even more hyped for this show.


Synopsis:
Ashiya has spent the first seven days of high school stuck in the infirmary because of a youkai attaching itself to him. He ends up asking the owner of a small tea room called the "Mononokean" for help. This is a tale involving the very morose owner of Mononokean guiding the youkai that happened to wander into this world go to the next world. (Source: MyAnimeList)


Fukigen na Mononokean's Promotional Video


3. ReLIFE*


I kept on seeing this anime's manga on a manga-reading site's homepage every time I go on it so I can already see the hype over this the moment it was announced that it will be given an anime adaptation for summer 2016. I'm like "Why not give this a try? I might like it."  So yeah, ReLIFE is here.


Synopsis:

The story follows Kaizaki Arata, a 27-year-old jobless man, who fails at every job interview he had after quitting his last company. His life changes after he met Yoake Ryou of the ReLife Research Institute, who offered him a drug that can change his appearance to 17-years-old and to become a subject in an experiment for one year. Thus, he begins his life as a high school student once more, (Source: MyAnimeList)


4. Berserk*

I heard that this anime is a remake of an older version of it's kind back then. I might watch this one so I placed it here but I am also having second thoughts if I should watch the original version first before this because why not?



Synopsis:

Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces that pursue him and his woman, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength, skill, and sword, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity. Berserk is a dark and brooding story of outrageous swordplay and ominous fate, in the theme of Shakespeare's Macbeth. (Source: MyAnimeList).



5. Mob Pyscho*



I've added this show to my list because I know that the creators of this also made the 2015 hit, One Punch Man! I wanna see how this show goes as well! 


Synopsis:
Kageyama Shigeo (a.k.a. "Mob") is a 8th grader with psychic abilities. He could bend spoons and lift objects with his mind from a young age, but he slowly began to withhold from using his abilities in public due to the negative attention he kept receiving. Now, the only thing he wants is to become friends with a girl in his class, Tsubomi. With his psychic "mentor" (who has no psychic powers), he continues his daily life, attempting to realize his purpose in life. 


6. 91 Days*



Watching this show's trailer gave me those really dark, mystery vibes going on. Some people compared the trailer's mood as to Joker Game's trailer (a spring 2016 show). So I decided to give this one a shot.

Synopsis:

During Prohibition, the law held no power and the mafia ruled the town.

The story takes place in Lawless, a town thriving on black market sales of illicitly brewed liquor. Avilio returns to Lawless after some time away, following the murder of his family in a mafia dispute there.
One day, Avilio receives a letter from a mysterious sender, prompting him to return to Lawless for revenge. He then infiltrates the Vanetti family, the ones responsible for his family's murder, and sets about befriending the don's son, Nero, to set his vengeance in motion.

Killing brings more killing, and revenge spawns more revenge. How will the 91-day story of these men guided by a tragic fate end?

7. Tales of Zestiria X*

I found the plot interesting. This anime is based on a game by the way.


Synopsis:

Tales of Zestiria the X Sorey is a human youth who grew up among the seraphim, spiritual beings not visible to humans. Sorey believes in the folklore that says "long ago, every human was able to see the seraphim" and dreams of unraveling the ancient mystery to make the world a place where people and seraphim can live together in peace.

One day, Sorey visits the human capital for the very first time. He becomes embroiled in an incident during which he pulls out a holy sword embedded in a rock and ends up becoming a Shepherd, one who casts away calamity from the world. He begins to realize the gravity of his mission, and his dream of coexistence between mankind and the seraphim becomes more intense—

And thus, the Shepherd embarks on an amazing journey with his companions.

8. Taboo Tattoo*


Taboo Tattoo's Promotional Poster
Synopsis:

Seigi, a martial arts trained middle schooler, often feels driven to protect the weaker people around him. One day, he defends a homeless man against some punks, and the man gives him a strange tattoo on his palm in return. The tattoo is a secret weapon produced in the arms race between America and the Serinistan Kingdom.

Seigi finds himself in over his head when a powerful girl, using the same secret weapon, violently pursues him in order to retrieve it. His skill at martial arts may not be enough to keep him alive, but will he be able to learn how to trigger the power of his tattoo in time?


9. Amaama to Inazuma*


I watched the trailer of this show a few days ago and I find it so cute! I'm expecting it to have some endearing story but nevertheless, I hope it's awesome.


Synopsis:

Kouhei Inuzuka is a teacher who has been caring for his little daughter on his own since his wife's death. He's no good at cooking, so he and his daughter Tsumugi have been eating packaged meals from the convenience store. A series of events lead him one evening to a restaurant run by the mother of one of his students, Kotori. Her mother isn't there, but Kotori does her best to feed them both. It turns out Kotori is often alone since her parents are divorced and her mother is frequently not around. The three of them begin to meet and cook tasty food together.


10. New Game!*



Synopsis:

The main character Suzukaze Aoba graduates from high school and joins a game company. The person who made the game that Aoba loved as a grade-schooler just happens to be Aoba's senior at the company. The story follows girls who work and aspire at the Eaglejump company.

11. Hatsukoi Monster*




Synopsis:

Nikaido Kaho is a daughter of a rich family and her whole life everyone's been nice to her. When moving to her new high school dormitory, she almost gets hit by a truck but is saved by a boy. It's love at first sight for Kaho but when asking him his name, he tells her she's weird. Kaho is shocked since it's the first time anyone's ever said mean things to her. Soon enough, she finds out that the boy who saved her lives in the same dormitory and so she bravely confesses her love. The boy says his name is Kanade and agrees to go out with her. Unfortunately, the following day Kaho finds out that her first boyfriend is a 5th grader.


12. Hitori no Shita: The Outcast*



Synopsis:

One day, Zhang Chulan is attacked by zombies in a graveyard. In the midst of that situation, he saves the life of a girl, throwing the kitchen knife in his hand in order to kill the enemies. The girl tells Chulan, who is relieved, to face his hardships head on and leaves. However, Chulan later sees that girl again at his university. From that moment, Zhang Chulan's destiny begins to move. There will be strangers with special powers appearing one by one, with battles involving those abilities. Each episode will bring a new mystery to light.


13. Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan*




Synopsis:

Saiki Kusuo has a wide array of superpowers at his command, including telepathy and telekinesis. This might sound awesome, but, in Kusuo's experience, superpowers are not all they're cracked up to be. He tries to live a normal life, despite his annoying abilities.

14. Servamp*




The story revolves around a 16-year-old boy (15 at the beginning of the story) named Mahiru Shirota who likes simple things and dislikes difficult things. One day, he picks up a stray black cat he finds in the middle of the road and gives it the name Kuro (which literally translates into "black"). From this moment on, a contract between the servamp Sleepy Ash and Mahiru is formed, and Mahiru is pulled into the Servamp war between the seven deadly Servamps and their eighth sibling Tsubaki.

15. Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu*


This is one of the animes that I'm really dying to start watching! It's basically a story about a fudanshi (a boy who loves reading B.L). And if you didn't know by now, I love reading/watching B.L so I know that this is something I need to watch. I can feel that this is going to be an anime full of laughter and nothing more because I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of relatable scenes (for me) in this show.


Synopsis:

Sakaguchi is a high school boy and also a "fudanshi" who loves boys-love stories. He hangs out with his friends, a fujoshi named Rumi, his gay friend Yuujirou, fellow fudanshi Daigo, and his "normal" friend Nakamura.


Below here are other summer 2016 shows I might watch: my reasons for putting these animes aside are:



  • These are 2nd (or 3rd!) seasons of some past shows and I haven't watched the first seasons of these shows, yet.
  • I'm not really into the Sports genre but I might give them a try.
  • I already have a lot of things to watch and I might have a hard time scheduling them. Keep in mind that I'm still a student which means I have to equally divide time for school works and anime.

1. Shokugeki no Souma Season 2

2. Handa-kun

2. Danganronpa Season 3

3. Battery

4. Days!

5. Cheer Danshi

6. Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!

7. Love Live! Sunshine!!

8. Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! LOVE!

9. Rewrite

10. Amanchu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Greetings, I am Jefferson and welcome to my anime blog. This anime blog is where I'll be housing all of my reviews and recommendations for anime shows.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *