Spring Anime 2016: What I Started Watching

April 09, 2016

Greetings everyone! A new season always brings forth lots of new anime series! This year's spring 2016 wasn't an exception. This new season brought out interesting animes that will surely satisfy anime-enthusiasts and Otakus.

I've recently got updated with this seasonal cycle for anime as before knowing that a thing called "anime seasons" exist, I would just surf through anime lists checking out several random shows that might interest me.

Now that I got oriented with this seasonal cycle for anime, this introduced me to lots of series that have sparked my interest.

This post will tackle...

...SPRING ANIMES for 2016, that I have started watching AND will stay tuned...

...together with additional content at the end of the post about...

...SPRING ANIMES for 2016, that I haven't started watching YET sparks my interest...



With that being said, it's time to countdown first the SPRING ANIMES for 2016, that I have started watching AND will stay tuned.




First for the list is:

1. Bungou Stray Dogs

One of my friends Julianne, was excited about this anime series so I decided to check it out. I've watched the first episode and one thing I could say first was about the art style! It was so dope (check the image above). It also has an interesting plot to go with it. The synopsis is this:

"Nakajima Atsushi was kicked out of his orphanage, and now he has no place to go and no food. While he is standing by a river, on the brink of starvation, he rescues a man whimsically attempting suicide. That man is Dazai Osamu, and he and his partner Kunikida are members of a very special detective agency. They have supernatural powers and deal with cases that are too dangerous for the police or the military. They're tracking down a tiger that has appeared in the area recently, around the time Atsushi came to the area. The tiger seems to have a connection to Atsushi, and by the time the case is solved, it is clear that Atsushi's future will involve much more of Dazai and the rest of the detectives!"

2. Endride


So this anime wasn't introduced to me by a friend. I just happened to spot it while I was scrolling through the "Updated Anime" list of this website where I watch my anime. It caught me simply because of how the colors of the poster looked so bright and inviting. Honestly, I rarely watch Adventure and Fantasy animes. I decided to give this one a try just to see if I'd like it. As I watched through the first episode, it was interesting enough for me with all the fighting scenes and how they're weapons and powers come from. Though I'm sure it has lots more to improve if it wants to get people to stay tuned for this show. And I am one of those peeps out there who's willing to see more of it! Oooh and additional info... I've been reading comments about it looking so bromantic and stuff because of the poster design though I doubt that'll happen there in the story itself, let's just see! ;)

Synopsis:
:Shun Asanaga is a 15-year-old junior high school student with an optimistic and bright personality. One day, he finds a mysterious crystal in the office of his father, who is a scientist and businessman. When Shun touches it, the world becomes distorted, and he is sent into the world of Endra. Emilio, a prince of the kingdom of Endra, is nearing his 16th birthday and despises the reigning king, Delzain. Since Emilio is now at the age when he can inherit the throne, he takes up a weapon and attempts revenge. However, because Emilio is too weak, he is captured by Delzain and put in prison. When Emilio is in grief, the wall of his cell becomes distorted and Shun appears from there with two goals: return to his own world, and complete Emilio's revenge. What future lies ahead for the two boys trying to survive in Endra, yet raised in two different worlds?"

3. Joker Game
Now this anime is also another one that I saw in the "Updated Anime" list and saw the poster and looked hella interesting as well! As I read through the synopsis of the anime, it was about spies during like the World War 2 in Japan. And I do LOVE mystery and thriller animes so I had no hesitation to click it, bookmark it and watch the first episode! For me, the beginning was a little too hard to understands as they were already lots of information shown at you and it was hard to keep up with the terms and all. So it was all going smoothly from the start and there were no highlights yet but I was still so thrilled and excited to see what happens all the way through. And yep! These excitement feels WERE satisfied as the last part was such a heart-stopper! It was so good, I shall repeat it again: SOOO good! It was getting me on my toes and the ending made me want to hurry up for the next episode to show up!

Synopsis: 
"Taking place in the year 1937 on the eve of World War II, the story involves a mysterious spy training organization known as the "D Agency." The organization is established by Lieutenant Colonel Yuuki from the Imperial Japanese Army. His ideals lead him to recruit people beyond military academy graduates and personnel, while training them to become skilled agents in arts of manipulation. These agents would become a specialized team to conduct operations. One such antihero agent, under the name Jirou Gamou, goes on a harrowing mission to uncover secret documents titled "Black Notes," while battling forces from within and without his own ranks."

4. Sakamoto Desu ga? (Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto)


So let's get on to "Sakamoto Desu ga?". And yes, it has the question mark in it's title! I don't know really know why. But anyways, I stumbled upon this anime while I was searching through the upcoming anime series for Spring 2016 and after reading the synopsis, it sparked my interest enough to made me bookmark it! The first episode was just released earlier, and I got to watch it! And to tell you the truth, the first episode was light which is good! It's nice to take a break from all the deeper first episodes from animes that I've watched for the past few days! What I mean when I say light is that the first episode was basically about the main character GRACEFULLY living his life at his school. And I literally mean it when I said "gracefully" because he does all things with much fab and sass! There was even a scene where he was like Mary Poppins as he flew through the windy rain using his umbrella just so he can save a bird! Like the main character is literally #Goals.

Synopsis:
"First year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class.
"

We're done to two more!

5. Mayoiga

This was the FIRST anime that I've discovered for the 2016 Spring Season. It was the first I've spotted on the list and it was the first one that I had my interest sparked up. It was also the first 2016 spring anime that I've watch as well! It's genres are "Mystery" and "Suspense". When I watch the first episode, there were a lot of characters introduced within minutes! It was 30 CHARACTERS! That was a lot to memorize! But as I was looking at the comments, I've seen some say that this was made by the same team (I think) that made "Another" which is another mystery anime. And I KNOW "Another"! I've seen snippets on youtube which showed deaths and blood and killing on the anime "Another". That really got me more into it. The first episode was also creepy! This is an awesome anime to watch for Spring if you're looking for something scary.

Synopsis:
:A shady bus tour of young men and women are headed to an elusive village called Nanakimura. A destination where people can partake in a utopian existence, free of the world's obstacles... or so goes the rumor. 

Heading deep into the mountains, the bus is carrying 30 different individuals, each harboring their own expectations and troubled hearts... What they had arrived to was an uninhabited village with lingering, faint scents of life and it was falling apart.

Just what is the secret of Nanakimura?"

And we're done to the LAST one!

6. Super Lovers
This one is a B.L anime for spring! If you don't know what "B.L" means it's also known as "Boys Love". Now you guys should know, I'm a huge sucker for Shounen-Ai animes so the moment I saw this out of all the animes in the spring 2016 list, I knew this would instantly be an anime for me to watch! The first episode was released yesterday and yep, it didn't disappoint me at all. It was such a cute thing to watch. The guys eyes look so pretty and the younger boy looked so cute! The relationship between these 2 who care for each other are just soo adorable! I can't stress it enough. I know some people don't have Shounen-Ai animes as they're cup of tea so it's okay if you won't get excited for this one my dear readers. But for me, this one is definitely one of the animes that really got myself wanting for more episodes!

Synopsis:
"While spending summer with his mother, Haru meets Ren, a boy newly adopted by his mother. Getting along with Ren isn't easy as Haru's goal is to "civilize" him by the time summer ends. Their relationship slowly improves as Haru spends more time with Ren and in return Ren steadily warms up to him. Can they really become a "family" at the end of summer?!"

So there you go, these are the list of Spring 2016 anime that I've watched so far and is willing to watch more as Spring goes on! Remember that this is just my personal list and it some animes listed here might not be considered "exciting" enough to some of you to start watching them as these are just my personal preferences.

There are tons of other spring animes that I'm willing to start watching though and I'm gonna list them down here:

1. Pan de Peace!
2. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
3. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Ace Attorney
5. Flying Witch

Now if you have other spring animes that you recommend, please don't hesitate to comment them down below or tell me in my social networking sites. (My twitter profile is placed on this side --->)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Greetings, I am Jefferson and welcome to my anime blog. This anime blog is where I'll be housing all of my reviews and recommendations for anime shows.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *