My love for Fushigi Yuugi

November 05, 2013

An anime that can make you laugh and cry at the same time. An anime that can touch your hearts. An anime with characters whom you just wanna hug. An anime with characters that can be so idiotic at times & that you felt like you wanted to slap their faces for being so funny. slap their faces. These are the things I've experienced while watching this anime and to be honest, it's the best anime for me. Though I keep on saying that line every time I finish a series because I said it after watching the last episode of Death Note.

But this one... this one's much more different. This anime taught me lots of valuable lessons in life.

Let me tell you a little story about how I came upon this wonderful gem.

I got to know about this anime when I was in Grade 6. Our cable for the T.V is still getting fixed so before it got repaired, we were only able to watch 12 channels.

GMA, ABS-CBN & TV5 were some of them.

One night at the living room, me and my big brother were browsing through the channels for some shows that might be interesting to us.

Until we came upon TV5

It wasn't really clear because our antenna was acting a little weird but we can still see the details of the show.

So, it was aired at 7:30 in the night (the time before we usually go to sleep).

So we were watching it together. Of course, we didn't get to know what the anime is about so I didn't really get to enjoy the show back then. The funny thing is, there are some kissing scenes there and every time I get the feeling that it's gonna happen, I would get my blanket and spread it across my arms and then walk around in front of the T.V pretending I was dancing.

I don't know what's with me back then... lol I would think I was crazy back then when I get to picture it nowadays...

So that was back then and years passed by and I completely forgot about it.

Well, I didn't get to remember it up until now, when I reached 3rd year highschool.

One of my classmates, Michael was chatting to me and is asking for some websites where he can watch anime, but I didn't really answer his question right because I don't usually watch anime at the moment.

So, after that, I suddenly remembered it again. I don't know. It was probably destiny that brought that anime back into my thinking.

I then decided to watch it again starting from the first episode.

I download the series via utorrent. It took half a week to finish it and I was so excited when it was completed.

So, I started watching from the first episode with a clean mind: no expectations and for some reason after the first episode, it pulled me towards it. Before I knew it, I was eagerly clicking the next episodes after next episodes with excitement to know more. I was HOOKED! (but of course, I would always listen to the credits song, it's catchy and nice, I really mean it)


Day after day, I fell in love with: I embraced the characters and I got to feel that I know them alot.
I don't want to spoil you so here's the synopsis:

"Miaka Yuuki, an average middle school student caught up in studying for exams, is sucked into an ancient Chinese novel titled "The Universe of the Four Gods". There she discovers that she is an ancient country in what is now China, Konan, and is to be the Priestess of one of the four gods, Suzaku. As the priestess, her duty is to gather the Seven Warriors of Suzaku, who are to be her protectors. Once they are gathered, the priestess will summon the god Suzaku and bring peace between the warring lands, Konan and Kutou. But it's harder than it seems. Along the road, many hardships are faced, as Miaka's bestfriend Yui Hongo enters the book and becomes her rival, the priestess of Seiryuu in the land of Kutou. Who summons their god first is up to the courage and skill of the priestesses and their warriors, as they meet triumphs and tragedies along the way."

One of the things about the anime that I was so impressed about is the display of loyalty towards their priestesses. Like some would even be brave enough to sacrifice themselves even if it costs their life just for the sake of priestess' safety.


There are lots of romances in there and some twists and turns which I'm sure you will like!
It's such a wonderful anime that I would really recommend for you all to watch!

For this post, I will end it with a quote from the show.

"Believing in myself, thinking of others, knowing that there are people who love you, and knowing how to love them, you taught me all that..." - Miaka to her celestial warriors


That's it for now, you better watch the show! You won't regret it! I promise :)



That's it! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Greetings, I am Jefferson and welcome to my anime blog. This anime blog is where I'll be housing all of my reviews and recommendations for anime shows.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *