My Top 25 Summer 2016 Anime Endings

September 25, 2016

Hello guys! I'm back with another post. It's almost the end of summer season and you know what that means - a new top list of anime theme songs!

Last night, I was able to finish my video presentation and was posted on my Youtube channel early this morning so if you haven't watched that video, yet, fear not for I will embed the video at the bottom of my post.

So just like my usual judging criteria, I use song, visuals, symbolism and feelings to rank several of these ending theme songs from summer 2016. My list is a bit biased especially on the symbolism and feelings part of my criteria because this means that songs from anime shows that I have watched will have a higher chance of being in the top spots!

As per usual, I'll be ranking all of them in text form as well as explaining the reasons for having them placed in that top spot. You may read that first before proceeding to the video presentation OR you may play the video presentation and read the explanations as the song goes on through the video.

Let's now start with...

Sorry for the suck-y edit. This was rushed so.... this was the result!

Top 27 and Top 26 (BONUS)

Taboo Tattoo Ending and Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume ED

These songs didn't really have much of an impact on me when I listen to them. I know this will sound a bit rude but I can easily remove them from the "Bonus" section of this video.


Top 25

Qualidea Code ED

Same explanation as above. I just didn't feel anything with this one as well. The song is good, the visuals looked graceful but that's just about it.


Top 24

Kyoukai no Rinne 2nd Season ED 2

Let us now start with the ones I do enjoy! Kyoukai no Rinne 2nd Season's first ending last spring was absolutely awesome! This song didn't have much of what that song did to me but this song is undeniably bouncy and catchy.


Top 23

Battery ED

This artist's vocals sound so relaxing and it really reminds me of those old theme songs from old classical anime shows!

Top 22

Love Live! Sunshine!! ED 2

Last season, we had multiple Nijiiro Days' ending themes on the list. In this season, it's Love Live!! This song is so sing-able and I also adore this show's first ending theme!



Top 21

Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu ED

One of the most funniest and relatable anime shows, for me, that this summer season had to offer us. The ending theme really matched everything what the show is all about.



Top 20

Handa-kun ED

The first time I heard this song, I fell in love with it's chorus. It was so cute and that goes for the visuals of the theme as well!


Top 19

Days ED

This song has the energy that will give you that power up you need to start your day. Yep, this song is good to listen to the moment you wake up.


Top 18

Love Live! Sunshine!! ED 1

Another Love Live! Sunshine!! ED theme! That's alot of exclamation marks. This ending theme definitely has more energy than the 2nd one. I love them both though.


Top 17

Cheer Danshi!! ED

One of the most CUTEST ending themes I have ever seen in a while. Everything about this ending theme just screams "cuteness" everywhere! Plus, the song is definitely a good energy pumping machine.

Top 16

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin ED

Another ending song that I fell in love with at first listen. It sounded so serene and peaceful.

Top 15

D.Gray-man Hallow ED

I haven't watched this show and I've only heard this song only a few days ago but I do felt that this ending theme showed potential and for that, I didn't hesitate to put this song on this position.

Top 14

Hitori no Shita: The Outcast

One of the most special ones in this list. The right phrase to describe it is probably "hauntingly beautiful". This song is so good as well as the visuals and it perfectly mashed well to give this scary yet chill vibe!

Top 13

New Game! ED

One of the most catchiest ending themes this season has offered us. Everyone can easily sing along with the chorus as well as chant "Now loading.... now loading...." with the video.

Top 12

Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara ED

I haven't finished watching the first season yet so it's obvious that I haven't watched this one yet. But for some reason though, I felt the symbolism this ending theme is trying to display especially when Souma (is it the right spelling) "broke free" in the clip.

Top 11

Amaama to Inazuma ED

I love Brian the Sun when he sang Boku no Hero Academia's ED theme and I also love his voice in this theme as well. I have a short story by the way. This and my top 10 and 9 were really hard to rank to be honest. Everyone in these positions were so good and I was having huge troubles trying to put them in the proper ranking. In the end, this ending theme got 11th place.

Top 10

Fukigen na Mononokean ED

This song was originally my top 11 but in the last few stages of editing, I decided to increase it's position up a bit because I felt that this one has my heart more. Plus, this ending theme is so adorable.

Top 9

Rewrite ED

The song and the visuals of this one really matched well. It felt and looked so composed and well arranged. It was so well done!

Top 8

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu ED 2

Oh my. This song brings back the feels of the show. I really loved all of Re:zero's anime theme songs. All of them was well used and gave the whole show a boost in the feels. One favorite moment I loved from the show that had this song was on that one scene in the show's last episode. I got goosebumps!

Top 7

Servamp ED

One of the first ending themes that got me feeling like "Gosh, I have to put this one in my list!" after the first listen. It was so good and so dance-able. I had a mini-phase last July when I loved this song so much that I listen to it every night just so I could dance to my heart's content. This song really contrasted and made the anime a bit lighter that the dark, gritty opening theme of Servamp has set.

Top 6

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 ED 2

One of those shows that was consistent in bringing out beautiful anime theme songs. This song is also an example of that. Every anime theme song this show has aired are all good!

Top 5

Mob Psycho 100 ED

The visuals were artistically creative. Can you believe that all of this were done on sand art? I can't imagine how much effort was put into making this ending theme! Hats off to the makers of this one! The song was good too!

Top 4

Tales of Zestiria the X ED

I really loved that bit where the song matched Sorey's reaction on the chorus. I don't know why, but it makes me feel like that was intentional. That was really good. The song was also beautiful.

This show actually has another ending theme that featured FLOW, one of my favorite J-rock bands, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to download it. Don't worry though because I'll consider that song for inclusion in my top 100 anime endings list of 2016 that I'll post later at the last days of this year.

Top 3

Orange's ED

Though the visuals are as simple as it can be, the heartfelt soulful song it's accompanied with still makes it a really beautiful ending theme to cry to.

Top 2

Sousei no Onmyouji ED 2

For some reason, I felt that this song can also pass out to be a Naruto anime theme! Coincidentally, these 2 shows are both produced by the same company! The vocals were so powerful especially on that brief acapella part before the chorus. I also loved it's artistic visuals. One of the best ending themes this season has.


And for our top 1....

Top 1

Kuromukuro ED 2

Another powerful and beautiful song brought to you by Ami Wajima, the singer who sang Mayoiga's opening theme (top 4 in my 'Top Spring 2016 Openings). I recently just fell in love with this show a few weeks back and I could say it was so underrated! I'm so happy that I decided to watch that show because it was such a solid series.

Anyways, this isn't about the show (since I'll be writing about it soon). This is about how much I love how this ending theme was made - like how this ending theme showed the different Japanese pictures overlay-ed on an outer-space view of planet Earth.

 Another highlight from this ending theme is that mini-bit where they flashed clips of past scenes from a few of it's first episodes. I felt so nostalgic when I first saw it (even though the episodes were so recent prior to me watching this ending theme for the first time).  The emotions the clips were showing on the last few bits of this ending theme were also full of feels. I simply love this ending theme so much!






Now those are my top 25 summer 2016 anime endings! What are yours? Comment them down below. Until next time, readers!




Authors Note:

1. I am in the process of cramming my last few days of summer trying to finish up ALL of the summer 2016 anime shows that I've started. This means that my fall 2016 watch list and first impressions will be delayed by a week into fall.

2. Because of the reason above as well, my summer 2016 highlights post and summer 2016 overall recommendations post will be delayed as well and will probably be posted one week into the fall season.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Greetings, I am Jefferson and welcome to my anime blog. This anime blog is where I'll be housing all of my reviews and recommendations for anime shows.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *